I know we are all in full swing of Holiday season, shopping, baking, the office Christmas Party and family gatherings. So I wanted to give you a few helpful tips to help you make the healthy choices through the upcoming days.
1. Eat a high protein breakfast before heading out
2. Pack a lunch and snacks.. So when they are passing around those trays of cookies at the office you have your healthy snacks in your bag so you won’t grab more then one cookie
3. If shoping park a distance from the store or mall so you get your walk in.
4. Start your morning off with at least a 10 or 15 mins of exercise
5. When going to holiday parties stick to the veggie platters hummus and salsa, take 2 and walk away
6. when you go out to dinner order an appetizer as your main entree with a salad stay away from the bread and butter.
7. Drink your water!!!
8. When looking to have an alchol beverage swap it out with seltzer and lemon or lime, a shot of cranberry juice.
9. when cooking to keep form picking as you cook keep a glass of Ice water next to you sip as you go our put out a handful of nuts pick healthy.
10. At dessert time use the 2 bite challenge, we all love our cakes and pies so cut yourself a very small piece take one bite enjoy it chat with family friends then your second and push the plate away.
11. Send all left overs home with family and friends out of house out of mind.
Ok so once I got started I went over my 7 tips, LOL Merry Christmas!!